The Effects of Public Policy
The Effects of Public Policy
As you have learned, public policy is shaped by many factors and therefore evolves over time. For this assignment, you will focus on a specific advocacy organization and identify a policy or law that connects to the chosen organization. This will give you the opportunity to see this evolution within an actual organization and how it affects issues of politics, ethics, integrity, and society.
Your paper should be 5–6 pages in length. Choose an advocacy organization local to you. Then provide the following information:
• Identify your chosen organization and supply a brief history of it.
• Identify and briefly (in 1–2 paragraphs) explain the problem(s) or issue(s) that the organization is intended to address.
• Define the stated mission goal(s) of the organization. Has its mission goal(s) changed over time? If so, how?
• Identify one specific policy or law that your chosen organization is currently supporting. Provide information about the policy or law as well and why the organization is supporting it. Be sure to include information on how the organization is supporting that policy or law.
• Thinking about the information above, in your opinion, has the organization been successful in achieving its mission goal(s)? Why or why not?
Use at least four sources to support your writing. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate. Cite each source listed on your sources page at least one time within your assignment. For help with research, writing, and citing sources, access the library or review library guides.
It is now time to showcase your completed class project representing your selected public agency or nonprofit organization. The presentation will be reviewed by VP of Public Services. Attendance will also consist of client support, as well as the leaders of the agency for which you are working. Part of your presentation goal will be to provoke curiosity and evoke concern.
Instructions It is now time to present your completed class project on behalf of your chosen public agency or nonprofit organization. The presentation will be reviewed by the Vice President of Public Services. Attendance will also include client support and the leaders of the agency for which you work. Curiosity and concern will be part of your presentation’s goal.
For this assignment, you will create a presentation with 6–8 content slides that summarize the key attributes of your agency research during the course, plus make the additional slides indicated in the Strayer Writing Standards (SWS) PowerPoint/SlideShow Checklist.
The Strayer University Library provides a SWS Sample Slideshow and SWS Slideshow Template. Title each slide to agree with the content of the slide, and make sure your slides follow the design guidelines in the Strayer Writing Standards.
Your presentation should include the following:
1. Introduction: Provide detailed background information about the agency, the mission, and the goals.
2. Current Events: Describe three recent newsworthy events and their effect on agency public perceptions.
3. Leadership Influences: Assess the organizational leadership, including the impact on organizational success or failure. Assessment should be focused and detailed.
4. Human Resources Processes: Describe plans for hiring and retaining a diversified and inclusive workforce, with appropriate explanation.
5. Budget Request and Recommendations: Recommend three ways to improve the budget for the next fiscal year.
6. Conclusion (Looking Ahead): Recommend three ways to improve agency effectiveness. Recommendations made should be detailed and appropriate for this agency.
7. References: Use at least four quality sources to support your ideas/work when required. Choose sources that are credible, relevant, and appropriate.
8. Writing Quality: Produce writing that is clear and well organized and applies appropriate SWS style. Writing contains accurate grammar, mechanics, and spelling