Discrimination exists in business regardless
You need to include a table of contents & bibliography.
Discrimination exists in business regardless of the laws that were designed to protect workers. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, and gender at any stage of employment. Discrimination on the basis of age and disability are prohibited by the Age Discrimination in Employment Act of 1967 and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, respectively.
Research one of the specific forms of employment discrimination (race, age, gender, disability, national origin, or religion) which will be assigned in class. Then write a detailed research paper on the topic, which must include following information:
1. An introduction that includes what type of employment discrimination you researched and the prohibited practices and coverage of the law (e.g. ADA , ADEA, Title VII )
2. Explain Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 along with its protections and remedies.
3. What elements are necessary to establish a prima facie case of employment discrimination?
Discuss burden shifting from plaintiff to employer.
4. Theories of discrimination: What is disparate treatment discrimination? What is disparate
impact discrimination? How are they proved in court?
5. The process for filing discrimination claims.
6. The remedies for those discriminated against.
7. At least three relevant business cases and their outcomes.
8. Employer liability for actions of employees.
9. Your opinion on the problem, the laws and their enforcement