• Value: 50% of the final grade.
• Due Date: on or before 11:55 p.m. AT on Sunday of Unit 5.
• Critically review and evaluate scientific research.
• Demonstrate critical thinking skills by synthesizing selected counselling research based upon research methodology, therapeutic approach, findings, or any other areas of critique.
• Accurately apply course concepts through an integrated literature review
The purpose of this comprehensive literature review is to communicate the main points of existing research in your topic area and to discuss both the implications and strengths and weaknesses of the designs. Special attention should be paid to issues of reliability and validity as well as ethical considerations, as appropriate. The goal of the paper will be to evaluate the research in the field and identify any shortcomings in your area of interest, making specific recommendations for future quantitative and qualitative research. The review is not meant to re-iterate the details of the studies and paraphrase each and every point; rather, it should summarize and discuss these studies in a critical manner that will support your conclusions and recommendations. This assignment should be seen as an opportunity for you to demonstrate your understanding of the core concepts of research methodology. Quotes should be used sparingly or not at all.
For Assignment 3: Final project, you are asked to complete a comprehensive literature review of your chosen topic. Guidelines on how to structure your paper are provided in the Final Project Template. Select at least 12 peer-reviewed journal articles (published within the last 10 years) related to your topic (six quantitative and six qualitative). You may search for your article via the Yorkville Library or through other online scholarly search engines or databases, such as Google Scholar, ERIC, BASE, APA PsycInfo, PubMed Health. For Assignment 3: Final Project, you must conduct a thorough literature review on your chosen topic. The Final Project Template includes instructions on how to structure your paper. Choose at least 12 peer-reviewed journal articles on your topic that were published within the last ten years (six quantitative and six qualitative). You can find your article by searching the Yorkville Library or other online scholarly search engines or databases such as Google Scholar, ERIC, BASE, APA PsycInfo, and PubMed Health. You may include the two articles reviewed in assignment 1 (JAR1) and assignment 2 (JAR2).
For the Final Project assignment, please use the third-person point of view. According to APA, most formal writing, including APA papers, uses the third person point of view. Third person makes ideas sound less subjective since it removes direct reference to the writer. It also creates a more generalized statement (APA, 2020, p. 120).
Note: Meta-analysis, Systematic review, Pilot studies, Mixed methods, Case studies, and Single-subject case studies are not permitted.
Ensure the comprehensive literature review:
1. includes all the sections and subsections identified in the template;
2. focuses on the topic that you have chosen in Assignment 1;
3. includes a problem statement and research question(s) that specifically describes what you would like to know about your chosen topic;
4. summarizes the main points of the studies clearly, including assessment of reliability and validity (for quantitative studies) and credibility, transferability, and dependability (for qualitative studies);
5. includes specific recommendations for future research in both the quantitative and qualitative realms;
6. demonstrates evidence of insight and synthesis of ideas from various parts of the course, including ethical considerations; and
7. is well written, accurate, and concise.
• Required components: Title page and Reference page and all the components listed on the Final Project template
• Length of Assignment: The text body of paper (i.e., excluding title page, and references) should consist of approximately 2500 words (8-10 pages), double-spaced typed pages.
• Format: Please, format your assignment in Word (files with extension .doc or .docx). Use only Times New Roman font-size: 12).
• References: at least 12 (six quantitative and six qualitative) peer-reviewed journal articles (published within the last 10 years) related to the topic you declared in Assignment 1.
Select and review at least 12 (six quantitative and six qualitative) peer-reviewed journal articles related to the topic you declared in Assignment 1.
Any sources used to support your written narrative should be cited using correct APA format. Although Wikipedia can be a useful starting place to gather very general information no Wikipedia references will be accepted as scholarly citations.
Use the Yorkville University Library and the EBSCO tool for academic search. It is important to select credible sources for assignments. This resource will assist students in determining which sources are credible: https://my.yorkvilleu.ca/ask/credible-source-guide/
For assistance with writing, grammar, and other writing resources such as APA, please visit the Studiosity link.
Please do not email your submissions to your professor, either before or after the due date; all coursework should be submitted through the online course (Moodle).
• Please review the instructions for Submitting Turnitin Assignments found in Module 2 of the MACP Student Orientation.
• Please review the instructions for Reviewing Feedback in Turnitin found in Module 2 of the MACP Student Orientation.
The following rubric indicates those areas you should be focusing on in preparing your assignment and how the professor will weigh these components relative to one another.
Criteria % of Final Grade
1. Met Assignment Requirements (25%)
a. select quantitative and qualitative articles relevant to the topic being reviewed /10
b. originality and substance (not a mere summary of articles) /15
2. Writing Quality (25%)
a. material is organized in a manner that is logical and easy to follow /5
b. APA style applied appropriately /10
c. attention paid to grammar, spelling, etc. /10
3. Mastery of Material/Comprehensiveness (50%)
a. indicates understanding of quantitative research methodology factors, including major designs /15
b. indicates understanding of qualitative research methodology factors, including major designs /15
c. evidence of insight and synthesis of ideas from various parts of the course including ethical considerations in research /20